We are happy to announce the new release Zentimo 1.8. The new version contains a feature to remind about forgotten devices, compatibility with Windows 10, changed license key format and software protection, ability to deactivate selected Windows services on safe removal and bug-fix.
Update from 6 jan, 2015: Zentimo 1.8.5 released, read more
Forgotten devices reminder
If you forget to take out a device in the computer before you go out the program will remind you about it when you power off or log off the system. By default the feature is enabled but it can be easily disabled if it does not need.
Windows 10 compatibility
At the moment Windows 10 is in the “developer tech preview” status, however we have tested and made the program compatible with this OS. So if you wish to play with Windows 10 USB Safely Remove will help you to manage external devices even there.
Forced stop improvement
Some Windows services such as Distributed Link Tracking Client and Windows Search could prevent device stopping on some systems. Therefore we have added an ability to temporarily stop such services. Now in case of unsuccessful forcible stop of the device the program can stop the selected services attempt to stop the device again and activate back the services.
License key format change
We have changed our software protection system and the license key has a new format. It means that your old license key won’t be accepted and it must be converted. The new license keys should look like this:
Q1IHARMAU3YuUjIjHXMgTGlhdAdhdWRhcwAAyAADngAAAAAAAM bhsmEXbTx7xK6ewqbFAw8olGcbYUHGJNHJU1Mc86H2Cow2Cr+4 jRw=!@
If you have a valid license key the program will automatically update it through the internet immediately after the installation. If you do not have an internet connection on the machine or blocked the internet access for the program with a firewall you can use this form to convert your license key. Also use this form if you wish to have a copy of your new key in your mailbox for further reinstallations of the program.
Note! If your license key upgrade period has expired to this date your key will not be upgraded to the new format, but of course you can still use it with the previous releases
- Windows 8 and up: Global hotkey to call device menu is automatically assigned to Ctrl+Win+S because our default Win+S is reserved for Windows Search. On Windows 7 and previous the default hotkey is still Win+S
- An option to never show again some message dialogs (e.g. forced stop warning) is added
- The program increased system timer frequency which might cause an increased power consumption
- The program could crash after loading a malformed .ICO file
- Windows 8 and up: On some systems physically removed devices were displayed on the list
- On some configurations the program could crash on startup (then it was possible to run it manually)
Update from Jan 6, 2015: Version 1.8.5 released
This release includes fixes for some important bugs. It’s recommended to upgrade to it if you use version 1.8. What’s fixed:
- Some devices were not longer displayed in the new version
- Results of device speed test were not displayed on the screen
- Some valid license keys were considered as expired and the program became unregistered
- In some cases the license key could not be entered
- Some other minor bugs fixed
How to upgrade? Just download using the blue “Download” button and run the installer, it will do the upgrade automagically. If your upgrade subscription is over feel free to extend it.