May 10th, 2011
We are pleased to present the new beta version of Zentimo. As always we have fixed some of the most annoying bugs and made some significant interface improvements. In this version we’ve added skins supporting. Now you have the ability to choose your preferable skin for Stopping Menu – something to match your system color scheme. The installation pack contains two additional predefined skins, such as “Classic” and “Black” color schemes. How to choose a predefined skin you can see on the following screenshot:
How to create your own skin? It’s easy… Just open one of predefined skin folders (e.g. “C:/Program Files/Zentimo/Skins/Black”) and do the same using your favorite graphic and text editors.
- We’ve added a scroll bar, which became very useful when you connect a lot of devices.
- Quick Launch Menu closed immediately after launching an app or adding a new one. Now we made Quick Launch Menu more user friendly. It hangs on the display for a couple of seconds before closing, so you can add numbers of apps for once.
- If you check the option “Stop device by clicking device Item in stopping menu” you don’t need to use the stopping device button. So, now the button hides when you choose that behavior that makes stopping menu less overloaded.
- The command “list” of the command line didn’t work properly.
- All previous versions of the program have a problem working on a multi-monitor system. Program’s windows were displayed on a wrong monitor instead of to be displayed on the primary one. We changed that behavior in this version.
- Sometimes when the program tries to read a DWord parameter from Windows Registry it appears not DWord, as expected, but String, which led to wrong program behavior.
- Sometimes a device speed test finished with error.
- The program locked a folder, which used for saving program’s settings, preventing to delete it.
- There was a problem with loading program settings if “Decimal symbol” in “Region and Language” options of Windows settings was changed.
Please feel free to download this beta and give us your notes, suggestions or bug reports!
March 21st, 2011
We are happy to announce the availability of Zentimo 1.2. In this version we have added some not big but frequently requested features such as the ability to save\restore program settings, the option to automatically close autorun processes, the ability to hide the program icon and we have improved the device icon library. See the full list of changes below or just download the program right now.
Read the rest of this entry »
Version: 1.10.1, Size: 5.0 MB
December 21st, 2010
We are pleased to announce the final release of Zentimo 1.1, which has been under development since August. We have added more than a dozen new features, made UI more polished and greatly improved stability of the program. See below the full list of changes or just download the program if you read our previous beta posts.
Version: 1.10.1, Size: 5.0 MB
Read the rest of this entry »
December 18th, 2010
Zentimo 1.1 beta 5 is available. Mainly it’s a bug fix release – we fixed more than a dozen of bugs and now we feel that this version is stable enough, so it’s quite likely that the next version will be the final release.
Also we made Zentimo to support ClearType fonts and display all its dialogs in the native font of the OS it’s working under (e.g. under Windows Vista and 7 Zentimo will display dialogs in Segoe UI).
And here’s the list of fixed bugs:
- Sometimes Zentimo may not connect to its service on system startup
- Hints in the device menu overlapped the controls
- Some dialogs can be displayed behind the device menu
- Some options didn’t import correctly from USB Safely Remove
- The program didn’t fix the drive letter of card-reader cards
- …and more than ten other small fixes and improvements
Feel free to download this beta and give us your notes or bug-reports!
December 1st, 2010
Previous month we enjoyed the license giveaway for Zentimo 1.0 in collaboration with giveawayoftheday.com project. We love giving licenses away and considering that today is the first day of Christmas month we decided to have a new giveaway.
From December 1st to 7th everyone can obtain its free license for Zentimo 1.0. This license allows using the version 1.o for lifetime, but doesn’t allow neither upgrades nor technical support. Grab the license here or if you are already have a license for Zentimo feel free to share this news with your friends.
November 12th, 2010
We are pleased to present the new beta version of Zentimo. The most important thing we’ve done in this version is an ability to power off devices after stopping in Windows Vista and Windows 7.
A bit more story on this feature. When you safely remove the device in Windows XP it powers the device off – in case off a flash drive its led was switched off and in case of a portable hard drive it was spun down. But Microsoft changed this behavior in Vista and it still exists in Win 7: after you stop the device on these OSes the hard drive continue spinning and flash drive continue lighting. All modern hard drives park theirs heads automatically when you unplug them so in theory this behavior shouldn’t lead to data looses or drive damages. But in practice the hard drive usually sound strangely when you unplug them on run and this makes a hard drive owner being a bit nervous when he hears that.
In order to enable this feature you need to set “Power off the device after device stopping” option in the Quick Settings Wizard just after installing the program:
Or you also can change this option in the Program Options later:
After the option being changed you need to reboot the system in order for changes to take effect.
The tray context menu didn’t hide automatically when it loses the focus.
Displaying the number of devices in the tray icon was improved. The number was made more clear and moved to the left side of the icon so that it will not interfere with the orange arrow and our icon stays consistent (this number is displayed only when you enable the correspondent option).
We’ve updated following languages: German, Italian, French, Bosnian, Czech, Hebrew, Latvian, Polish, Romanian, Dutch, Serbian, Turkish, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Lithuanian. Many thanks to our translators for their help!
November 8th, 2010
Hi! As you may know we have got a new main icon for the program and at the moment we are trying to improve displaying of the device numbers on systray icon (they are displayed if you enable a special option). We are deciding where to place the number: leave it at the same place – the right bottom corner, or move it to the left bottom. We are a bit between the horns of a dilemma on this decision so we kindly ask your opinion on it. Please see the illustration below and write us what do you like more.
October 29th, 2010
Today’s beta has few changes but it contains one nifty improvement that we wish to share with you as soon as possible.
We have reworked Zentimo’s main icon making it more attractive and cheerful. You can see it in the large size below and in a small size in your tray after you install the update. Feel free to send us your opinion regarding the new icon look. How do you find it in your tray?
We have also fixed some bugs such as:
- The quick-menu was not being closed automatically if a device has stopped by clicking “Enter” key.
- The error of connection to service if one is trying to return more than two devices at the same time.
- An animation of device stopping was hanging even if a device was not stopped yet.
- The results of device speed test was not correct if the test was interrupted before it finished.
This beta also contains following language updates: German, Italian, French, Polish, Dutch-Belgium, Latvian, Chinese, Arabic, Turkish. Many thanks to our translators!
October 18th, 2010
Hi folks, the new Zentimo 1.1 beta 2 is ready for beta-testing! We have fixed some annoying bugs, got rid of the device menu blinking, made the program easier for novices and added some interesting (and frequently requested) features.
Quick Settings Wizard For Novices
When a user installs Zentimo for the first time, the program asks a lot of questions offering to choose different settings (sometimes at an inappropiate moment), thus distracting a new user from learning the program. Therefore, we decided to put all of the most changeable (and important) program options into the one dialog displayed after the first installation. Thus we allow a user to quickly setup the behavior of the program and they are introduced to the major program features as well.
August 31st, 2010
We are pleased to announce our first beta-version of Zentimo 1.1. New beta contains a critical bug fix, new features and interface improvements.
- The “Fix drive letter” feature was improved and optimized. The “Drive letters” page in “Options” window contains a list which shows all fixed drive letters and allows you to control them if you have not the device at your fingertips or you lost it. You can select and unfix the drive letter to use it for another drive. See screenshot below: Read the rest of this entry »