New version of Zentimo is available for beta testing. In this beta we have fixed several minor issues and significantly improved forced stopping mechanism. Now the forced stop will unlock the device in all cases where earlier versions failed: svchost, an NTFS issue (so called $Extend\$RmMetadata\$TxfLog isue), when some low level program like antivirus, backup locked the drive etc. If you had problems with safe removal in previous versions feel free to try the beta and report us if it works for you or not.
Archive for the ‘Beta versions’ Category
Today we are releasing the new beta version of Zentimo. It’s a pre-final release which means that you’ll get a stable version 1.3 soon. In this beta we have fixed some bugs, improved the user interface, tweaked the performance and added a new skin. Many thanks to those who sent us notes, bug-reports and suggestions!
See the full list of changes below or Download Zentimo 1.3 beta 2 now.
We are pleased to present the new beta version of Zentimo. As always we have fixed some of the most annoying bugs and made some significant interface improvements. In this version we’ve added skins supporting. Now you have the ability to choose your preferable skin for Stopping Menu – something to match your system color scheme. The installation pack contains two additional predefined skins, such as “Classic” and “Black” color schemes. How to choose a predefined skin you can see on the following screenshot:
How to create your own skin? It’s easy… Just open one of predefined skin folders (e.g. “C:/Program Files/Zentimo/Skins/Black”) and do the same using your favorite graphic and text editors.
- We’ve added a scroll bar, which became very useful when you connect a lot of devices.
- Quick Launch Menu closed immediately after launching an app or adding a new one. Now we made Quick Launch Menu more user friendly. It hangs on the display for a couple of seconds before closing, so you can add numbers of apps for once.
- If you check the option “Stop device by clicking device Item in stopping menu” you don’t need to use the stopping device button. So, now the button hides when you choose that behavior that makes stopping menu less overloaded.
- The command “list” of the command line didn’t work properly.
- All previous versions of the program have a problem working on a multi-monitor system. Program’s windows were displayed on a wrong monitor instead of to be displayed on the primary one. We changed that behavior in this version.
- Sometimes when the program tries to read a DWord parameter from Windows Registry it appears not DWord, as expected, but String, which led to wrong program behavior.
- Sometimes a device speed test finished with error.
- The program locked a folder, which used for saving program’s settings, preventing to delete it.
- There was a problem with loading program settings if “Decimal symbol” in “Region and Language” options of Windows settings was changed.
Please feel free to download this beta and give us your notes, suggestions or bug reports!
Zentimo 1.1 beta 5 is available. Mainly it’s a bug fix release – we fixed more than a dozen of bugs and now we feel that this version is stable enough, so it’s quite likely that the next version will be the final release.
Also we made Zentimo to support ClearType fonts and display all its dialogs in the native font of the OS it’s working under (e.g. under Windows Vista and 7 Zentimo will display dialogs in Segoe UI).
And here’s the list of fixed bugs:
- Sometimes Zentimo may not connect to its service on system startup
- Hints in the device menu overlapped the controls
- Some dialogs can be displayed behind the device menu
- Some options didn’t import correctly from USB Safely Remove
- The program didn’t fix the drive letter of card-reader cards
- …and more than ten other small fixes and improvements
Feel free to download this beta and give us your notes or bug-reports!
Hi! As you may know we have got a new main icon for the program and at the moment we are trying to improve displaying of the device numbers on systray icon (they are displayed if you enable a special option). We are deciding where to place the number: leave it at the same place – the right bottom corner, or move it to the left bottom. We are a bit between the horns of a dilemma on this decision so we kindly ask your opinion on it. Please see the illustration below and write us what do you like more.
We are pleased to announce our first beta-version of Zentimo 1.1. New beta contains a critical bug fix, new features and interface improvements.
- The “Fix drive letter” feature was improved and optimized. The “Drive letters” page in “Options” window contains a list which shows all fixed drive letters and allows you to control them if you have not the device at your fingertips or you lost it. You can select and unfix the drive letter to use it for another drive. See screenshot below: (more…)
We are glad to present the new beta-testing version of Zentimo. We have fixed a few critical bugs, added some important options and made some interface improvements. See more details below:
- Sometimes the program hangs or falls down on attempt to stop a device.
- After closing device stop menu, it didn’t return the focus back to a previously active window.
Portable settings engine improved
We have significantly improved portable settings engine. What are “portable settings”? This feature makes it possible to store such drive settings as device image, device name, portable launch settings and etc on your external drive and use these settings on other computers. What was changed?
Today we are glad to announce the availability of a brand new application – Zentimo. Zentimo is the successor to our award winning application USB Safely Remove. While USB Safely Remove is an extended safe removal tool, Zentimo is aimed to be a Swiss army knife for the management of external storage devices. At the moment, the program is under active development so your feature requests and notes are very much appreciated. The more exciting news is that while the program is in its beta-testing period you can get the license absolutely free. (more…)